Across North America and all over the world, Mathnasium Learning Centers are committed to teaching children math so that they understand it, master it, and love it. Our world-class curriculum is built upon the Mathnasium Method™— the result of decades of hands-on instruction and development — and has changed the lives of children since 2002 and over 1,100 centers around the world.
Join us for the opportunity to make a REAL difference in a child’s life by passing on a love for math! Advancement and leadership opportunities are available for top performers.
Position Summary Are you passionate about helping others? Are you looking for an experience that gives you the opportunity to help families and children succeed? Do you want to be the allies of parents and teachers, to encourage students to find a love for learning and enjoy challenges? Then become an Administrative Assistant for Mathnasium Learning Center!
Not strong in math? No worries. With our comprehensive training, your math skills will improve and your confidence in math will increase! What will you get out of being an Administrative Assistant at Mathnasium?
- Get trained on all aspects of managing the daily operations with the support of math instructors and lead instructors, and Regional Director
- Learn to deal with the public, and become the face of the Mathnasium learning center. Greet and serve every student and parent that visits the center with courtesy and care, gather support from instructors, and lead instructors to get it right together
- Learn to manage time and competing priorities, and hone your decision-making skills by working in a growing center with increasing number of students that need help with math
- Develop a deep understanding of how business works, the importance of attention to detail as well as the big picture, how to listen and communicate effectively
- Provide children with excellent educational services, elaborate on program details and benefits to current and potential customers
- Supervise and manage instructor schedules in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Cultivate positive and trusting relationships with current and potential customers, proactively identify instructional issues and resolve client concerns
- Liaise with parents, students, Center Director, and instructors, communicate educational development, school activities, news and information, or feedback gathered from parents or through other activities
- Prepare teaching materials in students' binders, craft and send progress reports to parents periodically
- Train and join the instructional staff in providing instruction to students, when necessary
- Delegate appropriate tasks to lead instructors and instructors to achieve efficiency in center operations
Growth Potential We will provide continuous training to all employees, and there are growth opportunities for the right candidate of the Administrative Assistant, to grow into an Assistant Manager or the Manager of the learning center.
- A REAL passion to help others, REAL curiosity about people (both children and adults)
- Ability to learn new ideas, cope and adapt quickly and easily to change in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Respect the diversity and backgrounds of parents, children, staff, and community
- Passionate about working with children
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a highly productive team
- Professionalism, flexibility, and a good attitude
- High School graduate, with some college preferred
- Experience managing an office, including ordering office supplies and resolving simple IT issues preferred
Previous experience in a leadership position with an education institution with school-aged children is preferred, previous experience with Mathnasium is highly preferred.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Referral program
- Employee discount
Hours: 30 - 40 hours/week (flexible)
Center Hours: Monday-Thursday: 2pm-7pm, Friday: 12pm-6pm, Saturday: 9am-1pm
Compensation: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour